Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 9, Assignment #18 Podcasts

"Hello? Systems? Hi Luke! I,uh, just did something stupid to my computer."

One lousy Disney podcast downloaded to my computer was enough to get a nice big error message on my computer about how I'd exceeded my profile space and needed to call Systems right away to get it fixed. Luke did assure me that this was because the file had saved to the wrong place, but it was enough to give me a scare on the whole process.

I think doing all of these technology things can be a bit draining. Talking to other people in the class, and we are saying "WOW! There is so much! How do we keep up with it all?" Creating accounts in lots of different places, subscribing to blogs, RSS feeds, Flickr accounts, etc, etc, etc,.... and now podcasts.

One thing I don't like about podcasts right away is that you have to download something to your computer to make them work. The act of downloading means that if you download this to your work computer, then you won't have it with you at home or whatever. I guess that's why these things are good for iPods instead. I suppose I could try this assignment again with my laptop from home. I might have better luck with that. I couldn't download iTunes to my work computer because I'm not an administrator, and then once I downloaded Juice or Juicer or whatever, I got the error when I downloaded a single podcast. I will also have to do some more exploring to find the way to send the podcasts to my Google Reader because I didn't see that option anywhere, oh, but I don't think that the podcasts themselves will actually go to the Reader, will they? Just a notification saying that a new podcast is available. Hmm... I wish I had good internet at home. This could be a wonderful way to listen to music, news, commentary, etc, while doing other things. It's just not very practical for me in the limitations that I have since I don't have an iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive