Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 4, Assignment #9 Useful blogs and feeds

1. Explore the search tools
2. Blog about it

Well there are a lot of ways to look for blogs! I used Bloglines and ended up with too many, and had to narrow it down. I used the Yahoo directory and that worked okay, but I kept going. The LIS Wiki Article was a little overwhelming. Too much! No way to get through them all. I totally did not understand the Open Directory Project, and gave up on that pretty quickly.

Moving on to the Google Blog Search I found an ISEL update blog, SCUA, and some cool kid stuff. This was definitely my favorite, and of course I can link these blogs to my Dashboard on Blogger, and follow them when I am in the mood to be posting to my own blog etc.

I checked out Syndic8.com, but again was overwhelmed. Way too much information for my purposes. Technorati looked well organized, but I already felt like I had found my comfort zone with Bloglines and Google Blog Search so I think I'm done with this now.

On an unrelated topic, I'm going to go back now and see if I can separate my personal blog from this work related blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive