Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 1, Assignment #2- Lifelong Learning Habits

Watched the video, saw the thing about the Learning Contract or whatever, and printed it out. I don't think I'll fill it out right now.

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

While I can see that I have used these habits well to take classes and workshops at the university, and elsewhere, I can also see where I have difficulties in the longer-term stuff. If the class is a short one, just a few weeks, etc, and I can see the "end" easily, it is more likely that I will succeed. For longer term things, I get bogged down with #3- viewing problems as challenges, and #4- have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.

I'd LIKE to get my 4-year degree, or maybe even a higher one, but I'm not confident in myself at all. There are some subject areas that I have attempted many times, and not succeeded with. Right now isn't the time anyway because I don't have the time or money or support to attempt it, but it is always in the back of my mind.

For shorter term stuff though- I took a writing class, and I felt it helped me with my job immediately. It was much easier to have confidence in myself because it was only a 12-week class, and I was familiar with the material. I also have a lot of confidence in myself for doing these 23 things. I'm sure most people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive