Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 10, Assignment #21 Microblogging & Mashups

Twittervision- would be better if I could control the map.
Twitterholic- Ashton Kutcher has the most followers. Application is interesting because you can see what's popular and who updates a lot, but other than that, it's not great.
Twitterment- The link from Moodle doesn't work. Google the word though, and you can find a link. After all of that I didn't see any beer graphs.
Twitterific & Twitteroo- I don't need these
List of Mashups- Nothing too useful

Beyond Twitter
BrightKite- Looks ok, but I don't need more
FriendFeed- ok, but I don't need it
Identica- For all those Linux users, right?
Jaiku- I don't need more of the same
Posterous- I don't need more of the same
Pownce- CLOSED DOWN!
Plurk- another Twitter-like thing
Seesmic- Puts Facebook and Twitter together for you, convenient I guess
Utterli- another Twitter thing I think, I don't need these

I already made my comments about Twitter in my last post, and as you can see here I didn't find the mashups to be particularly helpful. I was actually hoping that a couple of them would be decent, but they just weren't user-friendly enough, or the links were broken or whatever... not much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive